Aims and Scope
- JIM promotes research work among young library professionals, researchers, students and faculty members.
- JIM motivates them to carry out actual research work and publish their manuscripts.
- JIM is to provide a better platform to the LIS Professionals with new dimensions.
- JIM scope is restricted with Library & Information services.
Publication Ethics & Malpractice Statement
- Our publication ethics and malpractice statement is based on the guidelines for journal editors developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Manuscripts submitted to these journals are evaluated entirely on the basis of their scientific content. There are no publication charges. All possible measures are taken to uphold the highest standards of publication ethics and to prevent malpractices. Authors who submit papers to our Journal attest that their work is original and unpublished and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. In addition, authors confirm that their paper is their own original work that has not been copied or plagiarized, in whole or in part, from other works and if the authors have used the works of others the same has been appropriately cited or quoted.
Duties / Responsibilities of Editors
- The Editorial Team of the Journal of Information Management (JIM), comprising the Editorial Board and the Committee for Publications is responsible for taking a decision as to which of the articles submitted to the journal are to be published. The Editors have complete discretion to reject/accept an article. The Editorial Team may confer/deliberate with other reviewers/editors in arriving at its decisions. The evaluation of manuscripts is made on the basis of their scholarly and intellectual content without having regard to the nature of the authors or the institution including gender, race, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors. The journal follows a policy of fair play in its editorial evaluation. The editors are expected to exercise caution and ensure that they have no conflict of interest with respect to the articles they accept/reject. The editors and the editorial staff follow strict confidentiality and are required not to disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers and the publisher. Authors are encouraged to correct the errors which are found during the process of review while preserving the anonymity of the reviewers.
Duties / Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Editorial decisions are based on peer review. The reviewers are expected to maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to the contents of manuscripts. The reviews are to be conducted objectively and the referees are expected to express their views clearly with supporting reasons. The reviewers should have no conflict of interest with the authors and the subject matter of the research. The reviewers are required to identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any observation or argument which has been previously reported should also be accompanied along with the relevant citation. Similarities or overlaps between the manuscript under review and any other published paper of which the reviewer may have personal knowledge, may also be brought to be attention of the editors. The information or ideas obtained through peer review are of a privileged nature and must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative or other relationship with any of authors or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Authors
- Authors are required to present an accurate account of the original research work and also an objective discussion of its significance. The paper should contain sufficient details of the literature and references. It is expected that all the authors have significantly contributed to the research. Fraudulent and knowingly made inaccurate statement constitutes unethical behaviour and would be unacceptable.
- Authors are required to ensure that the submitted work is original and has not been published elsewhere, and if the authors have used the work of others the same has been appropriately cited or quoted. Applicable copyright laws and conventions are required to be followed. Copyright materials should be reproduced only with permission and due acknowledgement. Authors are not expected to submit manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently would constitute unethical practice and would be unacceptable. Proper acknowledgement of the work of others must always be made. Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the paper which is submitted for publication. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Others who have participated in certain substantive aspects in the development of the paper should also be acknowledged. The corresponding author is required to ensure that all co-authors are included in the paper, and that the co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication. All sources of financial support should also be disclosed. Upon discovery of any significant error in the published work, it is the responsibility of the authors to promptly notify the editors and cooperate in the retraction or correction of the paper.
Instruction to the Author
- Research paper prepared in MS word format in single spaced; type written in English; one inch margin on all sides; 12-pt. Times New Roman font; list the authors and their affiliations and countries directly under the title. The manuscripts in all the subject areas are welcome. Moreover, submitted manuscript must not be previously accepted for publication elsewhere.
- References: The authors are requested to follow APA pattern for references and citations. Kindly visit: http://www.apastyle.org/
- SUBMIT YOUR RESEARCH PAPERS AT: [email protected];
Updated Editorial Board
Professor, Department of Library & Information Science, BBAU Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh India, [email protected]
Assistant Librarian, DSB Campus Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India, [email protected]
Assistant Professor, Department of English, DSB Campus, Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India, [email protected]
Library and Information Officer, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, India, [email protected]
Bocanegra, Marisa Rico
IIBI-UNAM. Torre II de Humanidades, piso 12, Ciudad Universitaria, México, D. F., [email protected].
Dwarika-Bhagat , Niala
Librarian , Medical Sciences Library, The University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago,
Information Scientist, Kumaun University, Nainital, India, [email protected]
Pandey, S. K.
University Librarian, Central University of Jharkhand
Ryes, Louise Ian T. De Los
Librarian , Science and Technology Information Institute, DST, Bicutan, Taguig City, Philippines
Librarian, St. Mary’s Convent, Nainital, Uttarakhand India
Deputy Librarian, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Deputy Librarian, Bareilly College, Bareilly, U.P., India, [email protected]
Dwarahat, Almora U.K., India [email protected]
Librarian, Bank of Greece, Centre for Culture, Research and Documentation, Athens , Greece
Director, Information Resources Development Center, Martynas Mazvdas, National Library of Lithuania, Lithuania, [email protected]
|Editorial Advisory Board|
|Binwal, J. C.
NEHU, Shilong, Meghalaya, India, [email protected]
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, MBPG College, Haldwanil. [email protected]
Professor, University of Jammu, J&K, India, [email protected]
Librarian, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi, India
Univeristy Librarian, Ambedkar University, Delhi, India, [email protected]
PhD., University Librarian, Bennett University, Greater Noida 201310, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Dean & Professor, Department of Library & Information Science , Galgotia University, Greater Noida, U.P. India
Professor, Department of Library & Information Science, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana, India,
Associate Professor, DLIS, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, [email protected]
Professor, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram, India, [email protected]
Director, HRDC, Kumaun University, Nainital, India, [email protected]
Librarian, Uttarakhand Academy of Administration, Nainital, Uttarkhand, India, [email protected]
Professor, Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India, [email protected]
Assistant Director, HRDC, Kumaun University, Nainital, India, [email protected]
Complete Publisher/Editorial Office Address.
Editorial Office Address
C/o Suchetan Kumar Assistant Librarian DSB Campus Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand-263002, India
DIVA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD.
B-9, Local Shopping Complex,
A-Block, Naraina Vihar, Ring Road
New Delhi – 110028 http://www.indianjournals.com/ijor.aspx?target=ijor:jim&type=home